How your Custom Roller Blinds are Made
These handmade custom roller blinds expertly made to order and made to measure. So that the metal pose isn't exposed when your blinds are fully extended, we add 2-3 wraps of extra fabric at the top of your design, which is mirrored in most cases. This will not show up in the design interface but is important to add strength to your blinds. Using specialist dye sublimation print, the inks are fused deep into the surface of the fabric fibers, creating a lasting print. In terms of textures and what the roller blinds fabrics look like, the stiff translucent is textured with an acrylic coating, giving it a shiny face and waxy touch. Blackout fabric smooth to touch and has a slightly rubbery reverse that's white in color. Both fabrics are fire rated and non-fray.
Along with your roller blinds, you'll also receive all the parts necessary for assembly. A full list of contents is available for download.
Your custom made blinds come with a cord clip that needs carefully assembly to prevent accidents around children. In order to attach your cord clip, it's important to follow these instructions to ensure it's fully secured.
- Line up the last 'ball' on the two ends of the cord chain and press them into the holes until you hear a click.
- As if you were making a square, slot the 2 clips into each other. This fixes the two ends together.
- Do this until you hear a click.
Please be aware that if a child, or anyone, were to pull too hard on the cord, the clip will come apart. It's been engineered this way to protect children from getting the cord wrapped around their neck. For everyday use of your custom roller blinds, be gentle when pulling the cord, using your hands to guide it, so the clip doesn't snap open. As a safety precaution, it's recommended that cots, children's beds and toy chests etc be moved away from the cord so little ones can't climb up and play with the cord.
Child Safety Regulations mean that all blinds have to comply with EN13120. Contrado Imaging Ltd takes the following measures to comply:
- A safety breaker piece will be supplied, with any blind with cords and/or chains.
- We advise the recommended distance from the floor to the bottom of the chain will be at least 80cm.
- We supply the cord length at 2/3rds the length of your chosen drop.
- A warning notice comes attached to your roller blind.
- Installation instructions will be provided and must be available once the blind has been fitted.
- There will be a warning notice on the product packaging.
- Our company name and date of manufacture are included on the roller blind fabric.
These safety measures are applied to every blind supplied by Contrado Imaging Ltd.
We offer 2 fabric options with very distinctive properties and purposes. The semi-translucent fabric is decorative, slightly textured and lets a little light shine through without being transparent in any way. We'd suggest selecting this option if you're looking to enhance your conservatory or kitchen, where you want the glow of the sunshine without it being overbearing. Whilst it lets some light through, you can't see through it. For rooms that need total blockage from the sun, such as babies nurseries, bedrooms and photography studios, choose blackout. It also has water repellent qualities so makes excellent custom made blinds for bathrooms too.
Within the design interface you'll also have the option to select which side you want the cord to go on. You might want to double check where your custom roller blinds are going to go, so you can see how easy access to a cord is on either side.