131 Fabrics To Print On
We offer discounts
Order unique products in bulk for your brand, and we'll offer an exclusive up to 40% discount.Find out more
We offer a 30% discount for Canadian students on custom fabric printing and more..Find out more
Grow your brand with our print-on-demand service and make a profit of 20% or more.Find out more
Custom Fabric printing
Fabric printing on demandAt Contrado, we’re expert in digital fabric printing and can print your design on over 100 different fabrics. Design your own fabric online, and get your textile printed in no time. We have no minimum order, a 48hr turnaround for almost all our fabrics and we use high quality,
Custom printing on 131 different fabricsWe’re proud of our diverse selection of quality fabrics to print on. We constantly widen our range and look out for new, exciting fabrics that we can print your design on. We have a wide selection of natural fabrics, organic and eco fabrics, silk fabrics, cotton fabrics, jersey fabrics, stretch fabrics, as well as waterproof fabrics and many, many more. We have a huge variety of fabric weights, opacities, and finishes, suitable for all kinds of projects! Whether you’re looking for fabrics for clothing, upholstery, quilting, home décor, bridal wear or crafting, we’ve got you covered. Our Fabric filters page will help you find the perfect fabric for your personal project.
Fast digital fabric printingMany of our custom fabrics are woven in and sourced from the same area. Our fabric printing service is where we print your design on fabric. With the newest technology and advanced digital fabric printing techniques we print on fabric in high quality. Dye sublimation ensures that our eco-friendly ink fuses with your fabric permanently which makes your print resilient, long-lasting and impossible to peel-off.
Design your own fabricOur online design interface allows you to adjust and refine your print design. Choose the right size for you, in centimeters, meters, inches or yards. Set up your own size, upload your image and create your own custom printed fabric. With our program, you can also choose a different background color, repeat your patterns in 3 different styles, rotate your image, apply a black and white or sepia filter and even add text. Create something amazing with our digital fabric printing service.
Test A5 prints on fabric and short runs
Your own design printed on fabric
How would you like the edge?
We have four finishing options for your fabric order:
- As it comes. We cut around your image, leaving a simply scissor cut, perhaps uneven white fabric border.
- Hem with thread. We can hem your fabric with a choice of black or white thread. Please allow 1-2 days additional production time. See below for information on how hemming affects the size of your print.
- Cut on the line. We will cut neatly on the edge of your image. Please be aware, when we cut along the line, we have to cut against the grain of the fabric. This is the standard procedure for fabric cutting. This means that with some fabrics, for example, Georgette and Mulmul, which have a slight wave in them, some fraying will occur. This is unavoidable, as the cut follows the grain of the textile.
All of our fabrics are cut manually by hand, with the utmost care and attention. If your fabric has a slightly uneven look on the
Print your own fabric: Sizing for hem allowance and shrinkageAs we are a full fabric printing service, we can hem your custom printed fabric for you. We sew a small or two fold hem that will take up 5-20mm of your fabric depending on its thickness. For instance, if you want to print on fabric that is 39.37in x 39.37in, you should allow at least 0.19in for the hem which would make your fabric about 39.5in x 39.5in after hemming. The hem will be wider the thicker the fabric is. On our light fabrics like silk, the hem will be straight on one side, the other will be slightly rippled. Adjust the dimensions of your custom fabric accordingly, if you want it hemmed.
- Light fabrics like silks: 2 fold hem taking up 0.23in-0.31in, so the actual height/width will be minus 0.47in-0.63in
- Medium fabrics that fray: 2 fold hem taking up 0.59in-0.78in, so the actual height/width will be minus 1.37in-1.57in
- Heavy/stiff/no-fray fabrics: 1 fold hem taking up 0.59in-0.78in, so the actual height/width will be minus 1.37in-1.57in
Also keep the shrinkage of the fabric in mind. Depending on the weave and structure our fabrics can shrink between 2-8%. However, on average the shrinkage is 2.5%. Please keep that in mind when you define the dimensions of your custom printed fabric.
Please be aware that for hemming your fabric´s dimensions need to be at least 11.81in x 11.81in.