Cotton Calico FabricComposition & ink type information
Discount available. Price by selecting dimensions & quantity:Start design >
It’s no secret that students are some of our favourite people! We have the best deal for students with up to 25% off!Ask for a discount
We want to give makers and small businesses the best price to help their business grow. Available to selected makers and traders.Apply for your wholesale account.
- Made from 100% natural cotton
- Perfect for quilting, clothing and doll making
- Hard wearing, with a natural rustic feel
- Sharp, detailed printing and bold colors
- Available for Wholesale
- Calico material is a simple plain-weave cotton fabric. Unbleached, raw Cotton Calicos are often used for making toiles and dress prototypes. Inexpensive and simple, Calico has always been a favorite for creating fabric prints and homely designs like aprons, quilts and house dresses.
- Calico is one of the oldest fabrics around the world and is named after the city of Calicut, in Kerala, India, where it originated. Block printed fabrics were exported from India as early as 1630 and known as “Calicuts”, and “Calico” was soon used to refer to any Indian plain-weave cotton. Today, Calico remains one of the most popular fabrics for simple printed fabrics.
- We offer two different cotton calico fabrics. A white bleached calico and natural organic calico. Both fabrics are very similar apart from the base tone and organic certification.